St Michaels

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Matilda

St Michaels

Post by Matilda »

My daughter said that St Michaels Maths exam required them to answer 50 questions in 45mins - she only got to question 44 and maths is her strong point - can anyone verify that this is how long the exam was - seems unusual format - we have been practising 50 questions in 60 mins.
Jonathon

Post by Jonathon »

Yes my dd said it was suprisingly difficult - she said Latymer was easier: go figure! She also didn't finish and didn't even guess - Strewth!

Post by Guest »

My daughter also found maths hard at ST M. It was 45 mins. She said it was comparable to Latymer but questions took longer to answer because they had several steps. And no algebra!! I do wish they would give details of exam lenghts and timings so that everyone has the same information.
Guest33

St Michaels

Post by Guest33 »

Was your daughter in the gym or the hall ? - my daughter was in the gym and thinks she got an hour - she managed to finish - said the more difficult questions were at the beginning -
phena p

Post by phena p »

in the gym and definitely an hour.This has the potential to cause chaos

Post by Guest »

My daughter was in the hall and told me maths test was 45 minutes. Her friend was in drama classroom and also said 45 minutes for 50 questions. Seems strange that they would give different timings in different rooms. Anyone else got a view?
picasso

Post by picasso »

My daughter was in the hall and says that the maths paper was 50 questions in 45 minutes.

VR was 84 questions in 50 minutes and NVR was 40 questions in 45 minutes. (Don't know how accurate this is). She says that they weren't allowed to mark the papers at all but were given an A4 size piece of scrap paper for workings out. All papers were multiple choice and NFER.

Post by Guest »

Did anyone else think the maths test was 1 hour? The girls I have managed to ask all remembered it as 45 minutes. I notice that 2 people here said that it was 1 hour and that they were in the gym. Was the room actually labelled GYM?

Post by Guest »

I have spoken to a number of children who clearly remember that they were given 45 mins to complete the Maths paper. This can't be right (50 questions in 45 mins). The school needs to be made aware of this.Has anyone spoken to the school. If the same happens next year when my daughter is sitting the exam I would approach the school for confirmation. [/img]
worried mother

Post by worried mother »

Has anyone contacted the school over this. I would like to but my partner and daughter dont want me to. They think the school will work it out fairly.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now